View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I was able to get my surgeon on the phone yesterday. She said we have to find some "consistency," but thinks it's too early to start talking about prescription medications, and told me to take 2 fiber gummies in the morning, but said the FiberCon I have on hand is okay. I think she said I could also take 2 at night if I thought it wasn't enough. It's not going to be enough. When I asked, she said I could eat anything I want, but I could run into trouble if I had a big salad or other raw vegetables... more trouble than I'm already having?!
Fingers crossed that the FiberCon does SOMETHING to help.

This condition is obviously something that is going to have to be managed, and it will take a while to make any real progress

I did not have any D during the day yesterday, or this morning, but I had real trouble with it last night along with very painful cramping until about 11:30

The protein shakes they gave me to drink prior to surgery bulked me up to about 145lbs. I never weighed myself when I got home from the hospital, but I should have. When I got on the scale this morning, I weighed 131.6.
My case manager from the insurance company wants me to drink Ensure, but I didn't mention my weight or run that by my surgeon because the phone call was rather rushed.

The insurance co. sent me a letter dated 5 days after I left the hospital saying they wanted me to see my PCP within a week of discharge. I'm still not driving, so have no way of getting there, and it's harder because they have temporarily moved further away from me. It is extremely doubtful that I would be able to get an appointment with my PCP, and would have to see the NP. I don't think she can do anything to help. I think an appointment there would be a waste of my time, but I guess I should make one for next week.

I decided I had to reschedule my pdoc appointment, and called her new office a couple of times, but could only get voicemail. I left a message, but I got a reminder call this morning. So, I called and had to leave another message. I may try to call back later to see if I can get someone on the phone.

I've decided that I'm going to drive 1/4 mile up the street to play the lottery on Thursday and see how that goes.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-11-2018), Dmom3005 (12-11-2018), mymorgy (12-12-2018)