View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 12:27 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

When I went to the BR on Thursday night it was a mix of everything.

The appointment went surprisingly well. The surgeon said that she left 1ft. of sigmoid colon in, so the D, definitely the liquid D, shouldn't be permanent. She thinks that my bowels just don't know what to do right now, and they need more time to sort themselves out. She told me not to get discouraged. She wants me to call her in two weeks... to leave a message for her if I'm doing well, or to call to speak with her if I'm still struggling. I left her office feeling MUCH more optimistic. I think maybe she didn't have my chart in front of her when we spoke on the phone on Monday because I got a much different story then.

In the meantime, I'm going to have to figure some things out for myself. I may add more FiberCon at night, which may help OR cause more D- hard to know. And/or I may have to cut back on 1 of the 2 Immodium tabs I'm taking if I get more constipated, which is a scary proposition... I don't want to end up with the constant D I was having before I started taking it.

After the appointment, I had to go to CVS to buy my nephews Visa gift cards because my BIL isn't comfortable with me sending checks because my sister's money management problems. I had to pick up a few other things, too (like wrapping stuff). Then I had to go to the post office to mail out all my Christmas cards, which was a PITA because none of them are machinable and 1/2 of them required extra postage.

I am really not used to all this activity.
After 2 days of running around, I was exhausted when I got home. I fell asleep on the couch, and even tho I would have rather stayed there, Corey talked me into going to lay down in bed... I slept for 4 1/2 hours!!! I woke up at 9:30pm, so I didn't fall asleep until after 1am, and didn't get up until after 10 this morning.

I ordered a gift certificate for my MIL online, and hope it arrives on time for our early Christmas gathering. Aside from worrying about that, all I have left to do is to get to a restaurant (that is not close by) to buy my SIL a gift certificate, and to Kohl's to buy her a nice pair or two of socks (I bought two pair for my MIL and like to make things even). The Yankee Candles I buy them every year will be here on Tuesday.

I have medical appointments Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week
But I'm also FINALLY getting my nails done Monday morning, and will get to see Judy

I really HAVE TO go grocery shopping today... not looking forward to it.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-15-2018), Dmom3005 (12-15-2018), mymorgy (12-15-2018)