View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 09:20 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

You need more time as others have mentioned.. I am at 13 months and had similar symptoms as you. At four months I was very discouraged and thought I was stuck with this horrible affliction for the rest of my life. Had 9 symptoms and now down to three. Ran from doctor to doctor and finally found one that said what I didn't want to hear but was the truth..this can take some time. Once I relaxed about it and just did what I could, I saw progress.

Take care of yourself, take supplements, try to go for walks if you can't workout and manage your sleep. Do what you can. I had ear plugs for 6 months now I can be in my loud plant and tolerate ok. Ears still ring but that is manageable.

Keep anxiety as low as you can is important. My symptoms skyrocket if I get stressed out. What my wife noticed was everything about my personality and sensitivities I had before the injury was heightened afterwards. I had sensitive hearing before and it was horrible after. Same for anxiety.

No two TBI's are the same but you can heal and while it is slow, it's amazing how your spirits will lift as you see some progress. Hang in there!
Getting better is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote