View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 02:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

The way in which cannabinoids, including CBD, work on your endocannabinoid system is complex and not well understood due to a lack of research. This is mostly because of the moronic and politically motivated prohibition in the USA. It has affected the rest of the world and so global research too over the last century. More and more research is being conducting with each passing year, and the 2018 farm bill that passed yesterday made hemp cultivation federally legal. This was a milestone.

There could be a number of reason why you had this experience. A simple answer is that over time you build up tolerance and need to increase your dosage. It also sounds like you're taking a very low dose. I don't know what concentration you're taking, since how many drops you take tells me nothing really, but my guess is the dose you're taking is very low and not an effective dose. We measure CBD oil consumption by mg since concentrations vary. An effective adult dose can be hundreds of mg.

Another possible reason you experienced nothing the second time around is more complex and has to do with your endocannabinoid system and the state it is in. CBD and other cannabinoids interact with your body, including your immune system, in complex ways and there could be many reasons why a given dose is effective one time and not another (e.g., degree of inflammation is a significant one). So it's complex unfortunately and there's no easy answer. I know it can be frustrating and confusing but the only thing I can say is it might be worth experimenting to see what works for you.

I know, it's all so expensive. But yes, like any medicine it only lasts so long and needs to be re-administered. You can try the salve from Fully Activated if you like. It works well for many people including myself, but any full spectrum CBD salve should help as long as it's from a trustworthy company. Fully Activated is one such company. I can't speak to any other US companies since I haven't used any others from the states. It's worth a try for sure.

If price is an issue, you can always try CBD isolate and then make your own tinctures. It's not as effective for some people because it lacks the so called entourage effect, but it can be really cheap, as little as $20 a gram. Cannabis prices are too high right now and many CBD companies are price gouging. But there are some good options out there. If you're in a legal state, you can grow your own too.

What those criminal American insurance companies will do is as much a mystery to me as it is to you!

[I][/I]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
David:
Last night I did six drops under the tongue and it did really nothing. But it helped the night before. I really don't understand this cbd thing. And the cream I bought (the small little jar), was $60 but I paid $40. I would never buy such a small jar again. Sure, it works on my bad arthritic hand but it doesn't last. Does the Fully Activated Salve work better?

Thanks David
P.S. I don't know how people are able to afford medical marijuana. It's so expensive. Someone told me that the powers that be are trying to pass a bill that would make insurance companies pay for medical marijuana. Do you think this will happen?
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote