View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 09:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default We love it.

Livy started hippo two months ago and we definitely see some improvement it her tone. Her hamstrings are looser and she seems better able to balance. I called the facilities around us (there are three withing 45 minute drive) and found one with therapists who also do services through one of the approved agencies for the county next to us. So, I lined my ducks up in a row and was VERY pushy at her IEP meeting and Livy is the first child in our county who is getting the therapy totally paid for. She LOVES it. In addition to the improvements we see, it is nice to give her this when the rest of her days are so full of 'therapy'. We also give the therapy to her twin who has a neurological hearing impairment. We pay for her. She has some sensory issues and has really gotten over some of her fears/issues because she is so excited to be on the horse. Although it is expensive and I have to drag my two other girls with us, I think it is worth it.