View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 08:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post

I believe that placing tape over the lens of glasses on the side of the droopier eye can help. I have forgotten the details of that little trick, so if anyone can help Dave out, please do! A neuro-ophthalmologist can help with that for you!

Annie
Here's where I wrote out every trick I've been told and used: Eye Rest

In that post I wrote every trick my ophthalmologist has ever known for dealing with double vision and wandering eye(s) (which cause double vision when the muscles tire and one or both eyes can't stay lined up like they should). I have been dealing with double vision for over a decade now--not just up-down, not just side-by-side, but both at once, giving diagonally doubled vision, with one eye rotating as well, so the second image is not only diagonally displaced, but tilting outward as well. You have to try various things and see what works for you, and it may change over time as well.

You need an ophthalomologist who specializes in eye muscle disorders and dysfunctions, not necessarily a neuro-ophthalmologist (I've been referred out to three, two were utterly useless and the third was senile but still riding on a massive reputation from his younger years).

Oh, and Annie, I have been definitively diagnosed with MG by the ophthalmologist. And at my last visit, because in addition to all the double vision/wandering weak eye problems, I now have sigificant ptosis of my right upper lid, and severe sagging of the lower lid, affecting the whole eye itself as well, and when his technician who was recording notes during the visit asked for the diagnosis, he answered, "Poorly controlled myasthenia gravis."
But the eye doctor group is not part of the corporation that owns all the medical doctors' practices in the region, so they won't acknowledge his diagnosis, as they don't talk to outsiders.

Can't wait until I move out of state next summer.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote