View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 10:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

They may be using the Ssri to treat the neuropathy. I take cymbalta and occasionally lorazepam for my physical nerves. Get a vibrating feeling like I’m being electrocuted without the burn of electric shock... hard to explain... but regardless, used to take gabapentin for it but it caused interaction with my baclofen pump so they switched to the cymbalta daily and lorazepam as needed.

But anyways, back to the original issue, did the doctor diagnosing you tell you whether it was peripheral neuropathy or cns neuropathy?

Some sort of radiology scan is needed be it an X-ray, ct scan or mri. An emg test would also be good to try and discover if the nerve damage is peripheral (being in the limbs themselves) or CNS (being a disruption in the brain or spinal cord)

Having menegitis suggests there may have been some damage to the CNS. It does not sound as though MS should be a concern at this point however, but doesn’t change the fact that a neurologist should be reviewing your case while you are in the hospital. If one hasn’t already been around request one while you are there.
TheSleeper (01-06-2019)