View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 12:13 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Default Gabapentin and Med Interaction

Has anyone who takes Gabapentin had the problem of it interacting poorly with other symptom meds you're taking?

I was put on Gabapentin but already taking Baclofen at the time. After adding Gabapentin to the mix I started having very noticeable reactions to the combo. I couldn't get a full sentence out with out sounding like I'd been on a drinking binge. It made me absolutely stupid. And after I had embarrassed myself with the attempted talking I would promptly fall asleep. I even purposely took the dreaded combo in front of my kids and sister just so I'd have proof this really was happening and I wasn't losing my mind. Sure enough it happened and they all told me what they had witnessed.

I immediately came off the Gabapentin and have not had a problem since. Has anyone else had issues with taking Gabapentin in combination with other symptom meds and what were your issues? Did you find any other med to take?
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (02-08-2019)