View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 01:38 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I really wanted to try the stem cell procedure. There is a place in Chicago that does it and I called and spoke with them. They're very friendly and helpful but I just couldn't feel totally comfortable with it.

It was explained to me and how it was done, etc. (which was a little barbaric I thought) but I just had some nagging "uncomfortableness" with it. Plus, there was no guarantee it would work.

I felt sort of like I was a willing participant in a big experiment. And the biggest drawback for me.....they kept no statistics.

The total cost was $11,000 which included hotel and meals for 3 days for me and whoever came with me. I wish I had more faith in the procedure but with no stats kept how can we judge it's success?

I want to get better but not at the expense of what little mobility I have left.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote