View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 10:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Baclofen and gabapentin was causing severe drops in my blood sugar levels, which already run a little bit low to begin with but was stuck with the two for about two weeks and living on a diet of devil dogs and marshmallows (okay ate real food too, but at least once ever hour when awake I had to stuff myself with sugar) pulse raced, blood pressure plummeted and yeah felt a bit like I had been on a massive drinking binge. Uncoordinated, slurred speech, and according to DH and fam weird speeches at time of randomness, at least until mind cleared enough to realize what was going on and start taking in sugar.

I come from a family of hypoglycemics, so was a little easier to pick up on for me, and what to do for it. But does sound like it is time for either an alternative to gabapentin or a different muscle relaxer which if it’s not a pump like mine, is easier to find. I had decent results from tizanadine (zanaflex) and metaxalone (skelaxin) robaxin wasn’t too bad either but my muscles got used to it really quickly. For a gabapentin swap only know of anti-depressants like cymbalta or lorazepam but they come with risk for addiction and a few other complications, that really shouldn’t change by swapping the relaxant instead.
Kitty (02-04-2019)