View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 03:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Another "is this a concussion?" question

I'm 3 years into my second round of PCS.

Last night playing hockey, the ball (we play with a ball) deflected into the air. I skated towards it, went to grab it out the air with my hand when someone swung their stick at the ball and hit me in the face-mask.

I wear a helmet with full metal face mask. I didn't feel any pain and surprisingly didn't have instant anxiety. My ears did ring for a few seconds because of the sound (the acoustics of the face mask are pretty loud when anything makes contact with it). I'm pretty sure my head didn't snap backwards upon contact.

I felt fine for the rest of the game but as expected, my symptoms were in rare form after the game and all throughout today. I wouldn't say I have experienced any new symptoms, just a slight increase in severity.

I will say that ANY contact to my head during hockey, no matter how insanely minor, will trigger these symptoms. It's disheartening asking these stupid questions when NHL players take sticks to the face all the time and never blink an eye....and I was wearing a full metal face mask.

Thoughts?
QWERTY02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote