View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 06:32 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default I can relate...

Sorry to hear about your hockey related setback. I can relate. 2.5 years after my concussion, and I've had numerous head bump related symptom spike experiences. I don't get them. Yes, they are not big enough to be considered a concussion force, but they undoubtedly cause a symptom spike. I just had another, rather significant setback when I was skating with my kids, lost my balance while basically standing still, and landed very hard on my outstretched hand/arm. No head contact, but a pretty strong jolt. The resulting symptom spike may not have been a concussion, but it sure did a dang good impression of one. 5 weeks later and it's improved a lot, but has not resolved completely. It's very discouraging to feel like you're at one place in your recovery, then to go back to a place you thought you left behind long ago. And no one seems to have the answer as to why? Is it a chemical response in the brain to perceived threat? Is it a neck related injury masquerading as concussion? I've heard a lot of explanations, but none of them seem to be conclusive.

All the best and I hope your symptom spike resolves quickly.
Canuck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote