View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 12:48 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I was being sarcastic when I said that Corey was in a good mood when we were doing laundry. He was in a f'ing terrible mood.

Our neighbors have been up to their old tricks again, and have kicked it into high gear. They were partying Thursday, Friday, and Saturday this weekend... hours and hours of unrelenting banging, but it was before our town's noise ordinance, so there's nothing we could do about it.
Corey is out of control, and I have been having a hard time reigning him in. He punched the ceiling in response to their behavior Friday night, and his fist went through the thin sheet rock. I was f'ing BS. I bought supplies for him to patch the hole while I was out on Saturday, and he did start fixing it, but hasn't made any further attempts to finish it since. That is NOT the limit of his bad behavior.
I have told him that I am having a really hard time right now, and he has become an even bigger problem for me than our upstairs neighbors now. I have had to tell him that several times. And I have told hime to cut the s-. He has finally started to scale back his bad behavior- for now.

I told him we need to move- and fast. It's not healthy for either of us to stay here any longer- especially me. My pdoc is in complete agreement. This BS has already triggered a major episode in the past.

I visited the office yesterday, and begged the assistant property manager to move us to another apartment. Without going into detail, it didn't exactly go well, and I was almost positive that they would not do it.
Finding an apartment anywhere in our price range (places around here charge pet rent on top of apartment rental fees) that will accept 3 cats would be impossible. Everywhere has a limit of 2 pets at the most, so I would almost definitely have to give Dottie away in order to find another apartment, which would break my heart, but we can't stay here any longer.

But this morning while I was getting my nails done, the assistant property manager called twice asking me to call her back. When I was done, I called her, and she said she had two apartments to offer us. One was in a different building on the 3rd floor that will be available in 2-3 months. I can't live on the 3rd floor.
The second one is on the first floor in this building, but on the opposite side of where we live now, and the current tenant is moving out on February 1st. I told her that I was interested in taking the second apartment, and she said she could show it to me when the current tenant moves out.

But when I told Corey about it, he said he wanted to move as far away from our upstairs neighbors as possible, and wasn't happy with my choice, even though when the apartment was vacant before, he thought that it was far enough away from them. He knows that I can't live on the 3rd floor, and doesn't care if we have to move somewhere else, even if that means paying a lot more, and having to give up of Dottie. I'm digging me heels in. We will talk more about it when he gets home tonight...
Our only two choices: Accept that apartment or give Dottie away

So, this is the source of most of my stress.

I'm sorry that I haven't been online much, but I have had 2 morning appointments, and have been busy.
And I'm sorry that I won't be able to read/respond to posts today because right now I need a nap.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-15-2019), Dmom3005 (01-15-2019), mymorgy (01-15-2019)