View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 04:44 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyGermaine View Post
As a pre-diabetic, I began having the symptoms of PN about four years ago.While my A1C is 5.7, my neuropathy continues to worsen. For awhile, from my research, I blamed Metformin, but after telling my endocrinologist, he agreed I could have my B12 levels checked. Normal.

I live in Florida and love my sandals but soon that will be a thing of the past. I can still wear them but only for a short time, such as the hours spent in church. Wearing them for the full day makes my feet pretty painful.

The neuropathy has slowly moved up my legs. Aside from that, I recently I had a stent placed in my leg artery, and that has given me relief from pain in my calf when walking too far. My blood pressure is pretty much under control as is my cholesterol. I can't say the same about my weight, but I'm always working on it. I have a treadmill and recumbent bike in my woman cave so exercise is always within reach.

I was researching Biofreeze and had put a little on my toes which were bothering me. It worked. I know it's temporary, but relief is always sweet. My search on Biofreeze led me to this forum. I look forward to learning more from all the members.
I don't deal with diabetes but neuropathy from hip surgery and then more I believe from a staph infection in my knee and a long course of abx IV and subsequent "knee cleanout", so I believe more nerve damage.

My B12 levels say Normal but I still take 1000mcg daily without fail.

I often question how much the doctors really know and what is truth and what is what they say. We trust them, I sure don't as I did when I was much younger so I thought I'd mention this.

There is so much on these labs and how they reach the numbers they do for every individual, I question.

I've cut out WHITE foods so much and that helps the weight issue.

My nerve damage issues are not as bad as they were months ago.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote