View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 07:03 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Decompression surgery?

My friend has been having burning, tightness, tingling, frozen, etc in his feet for about 2 years now. He has seen docs locally and they've just given him lyrica and cymbalta which seemed to reduce the symptoms a bit but not much.

He went for a nerve conduction test and was told small nerve neuropathy, nothing we can do. He is not diabetic, his sugars have been up around 140 for brief periods of time, but mostly stay in the 120 range. He's tried brief bouts of chiropractic, laser and accupuncture. He's tried kratom, ALA, B12. No doc will really investigate what's happening. So he's justifiably frustrated.

He just went to CO to a Assoc of Extremeity Nerve Surgeons doc and after roughly half an hour the doc talked him into decompressive nerve surgery. Apparently the Hoffman-Tinel sign is the criteria for this. I've read up on this a bit and it certainly sounds promising, but I have to find a single "real" person relaying information on it. (plenty of doc office "testimonials" however).
I found one thread from a few years back that received no responses, so I thought I'd try again and see if anyone has either experienced it, knows someone who experienced it or has any knowledge whatsoever of it. The doc (anderson Podiatry) is scheduling him for 2 weeks out...

Thanks so much for sharing what you do... it helps...
wild65 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote