View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 10:30 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Thank you, ladies

Bizi, I've been sober since July 20, 2015, so about 3 1/2 years. It's been surprisingly easy since I started taking Seroquel almost right after that. Except for resisting the rare fleeting craving, I don't think I deserve any credit for being strong- especially at this point. If anything, Corey's drinking is a deterrent. It's hard to watch. I will never have a drink again.

I think you are right, Donna. I think after Corey got off the phone with me, he thought about the situation, and realized I was right. The 3rd floor apartment was never an option. We will have to move somewhere else if this apartment doesn't work out for some reason...

But what if there is something wrong with the apartment?
I ran into my old neighbor, Mary, yesterday and she said nobody stays there long (with the exception of the girls who lived there for years before it was remodeled), and she's right...
First, the property manager's friend moved in, and then moved out after 2 months. The word is that she moved across the street to be closer to her mother once an apartment opened up over there, but who knows.
But the current occupant was living in a 1 bedroom and asked to be moved to a 2 bedroom. He took the apartment, but I don't know why he's moving out so fast (also 2 months I think)? Who knows.
The rent is high for the size of the apartments here, so that may be why he's leaving. He may have found something bigger in the same price range- or cheaper.

I'm trying to be optimistic, but you better believe I'm going to look over that apartment from floor to ceiling. I know it has been remodeled, so what could really be wrong with it?

I can't wait to see it.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-17-2019), Dmom3005 (01-17-2019)