View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 11:08 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default My dentist thinks I might have TN

Good evening everyone,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I recently went to the dentist and he thinks i may have trigeminal neuralgia. I explained to him that every time after a teeth cleaning my lower left side gum (where my wisdom tooth use to be) gets a little inflamed i would get a stabbing headache/jabbing headache. It's in the back of my head and it hurts to touch. It happens every 10-30 seconds and the pain is for about 2 seconds or so. It triggers when i brush my hair near the back of my head. Or even if i touch my hair near the back of my head. If i leave my hand on where the pain is, it will not hurt. But if i wait like a minute and use my fingers to brush my hair i would feel it. It normally last for about a day to 2 days then goes away. Usually the headache happens when the left side gum (where my wisdom tooth use to be) gets a little inflamed. I have not experience facial pain.
Does anyone have similar symptoms to this? And does this sound like Trigeminal Neuralgia? I've probably been experiencing this for like 5-6 years(i get this maybe once or twice a year). If anyone can help, please let me know. Thank you so much in advance!
victorsvictory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote