View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 03:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kt400 View Post
Hi I was diagnosed with the yips 8 years ago with throwing a baseball. I could throw long distance but anything short distance would be very problematic. Ive had two shoulder surgeries since then, one to repair a torn labrum and bicep tendon, another a year and a half later to scope out shoulder.

I haven't been able to throw anything above low intent since. Ive had my shoulder severaly sublux a handful of times whenever I would try and push it. Despite passing EMG tests and traditional tos testing my theory is it's a nerve issue.

I had a pt visually examine my shoulder and he noticed that my rotator cuff muscles were 70% the size of my non dominant side. This was last year, almost three years after surgery.

From my research I've found that there's a lot of people who pass the EMG tests and still diagnosed with TOS. I believe that is through some sort of process of elimination like my situation.

My question is has there been any success with first rib mobilization or non surgical approach?
Manual rib mobilization worked really well for me. It just wasn't enough and I had surgery. I know for sure that surgery went better because of the rib mobilization I tried because lots of my structures were able to loosen.
heybro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote