Thread: Salt...
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 09:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janieg View Post
I took a generic version of Slo Mag for a long time before switching to threonate to give it a try. Maybe I'll switch back and increase the amount...just to try.

One thing I've learned in this journey that you can ingest all the nutrient-rich food and supplements that you want, but if your body can't process and make use of them, it's pointless. I learned that with my biotinidase problem. I have low levels of the enzyme necessary to unbind biotin from protein sources. When tested, my biotin levels are fine, but without adequate levels of the enzyme, I couldn't make use of it. I have to take a supplement in a freely bioavailable form to circumvent the enzyme problem.

What if my body can't process magnesium, or calcium, or whatever? The levels show as normal, but it doesn't mean the proper processing is taking place. I can't help but wonder if something like that is going on.

Posting these here for future reference:

Renal Control of Calcium, Phosphate, and Magnesium Homeostasis

Electrolyte Balance | Boundless Anatomy and Physiology

_______

it can get quite maddening after a while....even the tests cant be trusted to be accurate for your individual case.

i have another illness now, diagnosed in June 2018 via biopsy....sarcoidosis.
less is known about the causes, and process than even peripheral neuropathy. testing is limited to imagining, cat and pet or biopsy. none of the blood tests are accurate. treatments are also limited, either prednisone, or methotrexate. prognosis is there is none, it can stay active, it can become less active, it never leaves your body so there is no remission.

to complicate matters, im sure i have had sarcoidosis since at least 2006, which was my first chest cat scan that picked up lung nodules, which was finally diagnosed to be sarcoidosis in 2018.

now the complexity of did sarcoidosis cause my peripheral neuropathy which first presented in 2001, or did sarcoidosis and peripheral neuropathy develop independently from the same toxic exposures. i am sure that i will never know. like i said it can get maddening
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote