View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 09:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivs001 View Post
Hi, thank you for all these replies! I didn’t check in for a little while because this site was causing a lot of anxiety, but I’m feeling calmer now that I’ve gotten in to see the right doctors. Just to update, I have finally seen the neurologist who ruled out nerve injury. Saw the pain mgmt doctor who seems knowledgeable about CRPS, and I am going for my first sympathetic nerve block injection tomorrow. That plus gabapentin and referral to a PT who treats CRPS. There is a also neuropsychologist in my area as well who treats CRPS, but I haven’t seen her. I’m not sure if I should? It’s such a struggle to find the right providers, get on their schedules, get approvals from insurance, etc. I have never been so pushy in my life just to get care in a timely fashion! A very stressful situation... Hopefully I am still early enough for some of this stuff to help.
Good luck to you on your journey. A new diagnosis can be frightening, but I'm sure you'll find your way. Never stop fighting for good care!
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote