View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 09:21 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Smile Sinus perforation after wisdom tooth removal

I had two top wisdom teeth removed on January 11th. Four days after the surgery the right side was still very swollen and I started having a smelly discharge from my right nostril and out of the right socket. It was yellow and tasted bad. I went back to the oral surgeon and he said I have a small perforation and put me in amoxicillin/ augmentine for 7 days. The swelling started to go down the very next day and was mostly gone by the third day. But the drainage remained. It finally slowed on January 19th and seemed to stop on the 20th. However I developed a rash on the 6th day of the antibiotic and had to stop. The drainage came back from my nose and as a post nasal drip.the socket was clear. I then started having lots of sinus pressure and congestion on the right side. The doctor had a CT scan done and said my right sinus is full and prescribed azythromycin for 5 days and a nasal decongestant for the infection. And I was instructed to irigate the hole ( it is about 3mm, the rest of the gum has healed) with the prescription blue rinse three times a day. I have been doing everything he told me but on the 4th day of doing it thr Drainage from the hole is back. It’s not as much as it used to be but it’s still there. It’s been teo weeks and three days after the surgery and the doctor keeps saying that the perforation will close. I don’t feel any air going through it but I don’t force it either. The water doesn’t go up my nose when I drink. I feel a slight pain in the hole when I breath in. I don’t have any swelling or fever. I will see him again in a week and a half. I am very nervous about the drainage that came back. Is there a chance that the perforation will close? Or is the drainage stopping it from closing? And can this be fixed?
Kkelley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote