View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 09:11 PM
N/A

8 yr Member
N/A

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Caroline, I am very close to your age. I didn't feel I needed Colonoscopies; after 50 or even 60 since there wasn't any cancer on either of my parents side; so why get a Colonoscopy...??.

A few years ago, I went to the ER because of my having awful constipation and difficulty have a BM....Eventually was admitted because no matter what was administered, still somewhat impacted.

After being admitted; the following day, a GI doctor came to see me trying to convince me I should take the Movi Prep, etc. and get a Colonoscopy. It took some doing, My children sided with the GI doctor. I gave in and gave the "okay"....

Drank the awful "stuff"; next day my scheduled Colonoscopy took place. Results; I had a cancerous tumor at the top of my rectum.....Following day had surgery to remove the rectum and a few feet of colon. I was able to have enough muscle to attached remaining colon to an.al area. (NT does not allow the actual word so that's why the an.al).

I live with daily abdominal pain. Eventually developed 3 Abdominal Incisional Hernias They were repaired with another surgery adding to the additional painful side effects due to rectal cancer. I feel this very well could have been avoided had I had done timely Colonoscopy as had been suggested.

BTW: My 3 adult children all had a Colonoscopy done.... and will continue. They are not taking any chances....

Gerry
I feel very fortunate and still no invasive tests done on this ole gal. My adult child who is 55, had some of these tests in her 40's I believe and she's done she has said, no more.

I really believe the grape seed ex I've been taking for decades has been my miracle for so much and the colon too.

We all do what "feels" right for ourselves and I do so much to avoid invasive stuff to my body.
caroline2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote