View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 10:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
its was 3 here when i woke up. if you read their own rules we both should be on a MINE diary 5-7 years for review as opposed to the MIP diary of 3 years.

Procedure - MINE Criteria
Set the MINE diary when any criterion in the 3 MINE categories below is met.

1. Age 54 1/2 or older at MIE or MIP diary maturity
a. General
For individuals of advanced age, generally set a MINE diary. This category includes individuals whose MIE or MIP diaries will mature at age 54 1/2 or older. These individuals are currently:

age 51 1/2 or older if a MIE criterion does not apply, and

between ages 51 1/2 and 54 if a MIE criterion does apply.

b. Exceptions
Set the vocational diary, or the MIE or MIP diary to mature up to age 59 1/2 for individuals whose case facts indicate that recovery or remission is almost certain (e.g., recent or scheduled surgery which will resolve the impairment; current significant, sustained, and progressive improvement which will almost certainly result in full recovery). Examples include certain cases involving:

cancer (see DI 26525.010), lymphoma, or leukemia (DI 26525.030C).

NOTE: In cancer cases, set a MINE diary only when the case facts indicate there is no possibility of remission.

fractures, sprains, or dislocations

title XVI statutory blindness which is expected to no longer meet the statutory blindness definition set the MIE diary to mature up to age 64 1/2 in these cases only.

2. Under age 54 1/2 at MIP diary maturity
a. General
For individuals who will be under age 54 1/2 when a MIP diary would mature (i.e., the individual is currently under age 51 1/2), set a MINE diary when the case has the following characteristics:

meets or equals a listing cited below.

is allowed on a meets, equals, medical-vocational, or functional equals basis and meets the specified impairment, age, and/or onset criteria. (The specified age refers to age at the time of the current determination.)

Thats insane and am even listed as an L with a 0129 profile score. Glad i have a great doctor and updated mri's that show my neck and back are worse. I guess if they want to waste their time and money on me, so be it
Bobby17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (06-30-2019), echoes long ago (02-01-2019)