View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 07:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Hello Nancy,
I have read the same information and I also thought it could not be cured. I think the statement needs a disclaimer. I really think the statement should read, “it is not curable as of yet, with the FDA approved medications today.”
Nancy, I truly believe, and have corresponded with others who have gone to Italy for these same infusions. These individuals who have suffered years with this wretched disease, like you and I have, state emphatically that they are cured.
Nancy, since my treatment, I have sprained both of my ankles -twice. But what I feel from them is the feeling of two sprained ankles. I do not have CRPS pain in my ankles. If I still had CRPS, I would surely feel that unmistakable, unbelievably horrific pain. But I do not.
I completely agree with you that CRPS is currently not curable. But I am certain that this treatment is the cure. It WILL be a disease that is curable in the USA once this treatment gets approval.
I posted this message to let others know that the cure is out there. It is in Italy. Not everyone can fund the treatment there, I know. But I am just hoping that my message of hope and healing will reach someone in time. Someone who may be thinking of ending his or her life, just like I was. It is coming. It IS out there. I am proof. Just hold on a little longer. Life can begin again for each person readig this. Don’t lose hope.
I pray that you will be one of the first to get this treatment so you can come back on here and share your success story with us all! Take care. I will have you in my prayers tonight.
xoxo,
Morgan
What are they doing in Italy that is different? Bisphosphonate infusions? Because I have had those and they did nothing for me.

What is "the treatment"?

What does it consist of?

That's what we need to ask ourselves.

I have had CRPS spread on me in 2008 to my shoulder/arms/hands/fingers - entire limbs. And I am getting calcitonin shots for those. They help "curb" it and so in my hands it is NOT a disability and it is manageable, but a cure it is not, it is a good medication as it helps keep it under control (and it is the only thing that works for me).

But UNFORTUNATELY for my legs it does NOTHING. I have had this disability for almost 24 years this coming September. It won't budge.

I have had it all, the Dutch treatment (DMSO, Acetylcysteine, vit.C), the Belgian treatment (calcitonin, bisphosphonates).

That's the state of affairs for me.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote