View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 09:24 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

This morning I learned one of the most amazing gentlemen in our
small little county died. He was the teacher, principal and the superintendent.
Of my kids, But more important he was an champion of all kids, adults and
people know matter who or what they were like or did.

He would leave money at the Fowler IGA, the Dollar General and other places, and ask the clerks, to make sure the folks who needed the money when they came through with little amounts of things, and their last dollar's would get it for free. And then he would do some of the most amazing. He collected appliances, and offered them for free, asking only that people when in better situations would pay it forward.
He helped one of my families when he was leaving our schools, being pushed out. Going to another superintendent position, by telling our special ed director to make sure the young man got a placement. Residential and he did, he then passed his card and phone number to the mom, said call anytime of day or night. till placement if you need something. Even if its your other son that needs it. He deserves some help too.

He was one of a kind, he was the one that provided the bus for Derrick to get to his internship and then paid job, in Lafayette In, when it was unknown of being done, it was usually the parent or kids place. But he couldnt' because of seizures.

We are a sad community, better for having known him. Donna
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-04-2019), OhKay (02-05-2019)