View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 05:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickywicket View Post
Hi I’m new here can people tell me what they get for this condition please. I had been getting ivig for six years after a variety of medications that I was trialled on failed to help my pain. Ten months ago it was stopped supposedly because of a shortage I was then trialled on some combinations of meds I had been on before again they did nothing. It was Reapplied for and it was granted for three months and I have to be totally pain free which I never was before but pain was bearable and I was able to have a life. The consultant I have(I’m in uk) is opposed to ivig his excuse is of the side effects it can cause but I think it’s down to cost. Has anyone any advice they can give me please as I am at my wits end as I know I won’t be able to cope with horrendous pain for the rest of my life. I did ask consultant what he would do if it was stopped again and I’m still waiting on an answer. I’m hoping maybe some of you are on meds that I haven’t trialled incase ivig does get stopped altogether. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

SW xx
Hi , I am in the UK too. I was offered a trial of IVIG on the NHS, I haven't actually had it as my symptoms improved and have minimal burning. I have tried a 5 day steroid infusion but didn't help. Mine is idiopathic. Do you know what has caused yours? You have been lucky to get IVIG, most people don't get it here in UK for SFN.

Regards Loulou
LouLou1978 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote