View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 11:05 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Exercise intolerance and PCS

Hi everyone, longtime stalker, first time poster. Thanks to the forum for providing some guidance about symptoms and recovery.

First real concussion was in May 2018. I was kicked in the back of the head in a freak accident during sports. No lost consciousness, but but after a few days had to take a few weeks off work.

My biggest symptoms had to do with 'sensory filtering'. Scrolling screens were tough. Sitting outside and seeing traffic move in the background was tough. I could have a conversation with a single person, but in a loud place where I had to separate their words from the background was tough.

After a few weeks, I returned to work feeling mentally normal, but physically a bit off. After 3 months, I started returning to physical activity, and after a few weeks had my first setback after a tough workout on a hot day. Since then, I've had a few more setbacks, all related to exercise, with my threshold for symptom-free exercise decreasing. My symptoms come back usually that night or the next day, and consist of general and mental fatigue. I've also noticed a few times where I'll have a fight or flight response to absolutely nothing.

My neurologist just prescribed Zoloft (sertraline), not for depression (which I do not have) or cognitive issues, but to try to get my brain to relearn how to regulate itself during exertion.

No questions for me yet, just putting this out there in case someone has a similar experience.
Waffles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote