View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 05:17 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default Non length dependent small fiber neuropathy

Hi all,

I'm here because i'm really desperate, i have non length dependent small fiber neuropathy causing stinging over a patchy area over the body. It seems to be idiopathic and i have a lot off stuff ruled out already so i might be hitting a dead end.

The story begin with itch that waked me up one night, nothing out of the ordianary has happend before that. After that really strange feelings in my legs had been going on for 2 weeks. Like a constant buzzing white noise feeling. It resolved and now it has progressed to painfull stinging sensations all over the body. Skin biopsy had proven SFN.

I have tried one treatment of high dose methylprednisone 1g per day for 3 days on IV. First couple of days after seemded to lessen the pain but it have gone back to increasing after 2 weeks after. Does this say my SFN is certainly not autoimmume? My doc wants to test with IVIg next but is there any hope this might work?

Some time before i got diagnosed with sfn i had a depression that was quite major and a lot of tiredness and stress. Really lots and lots of stress.

Vit D was low as only finding of all tests that i had done. Supplementing this now. Any advice on what i should do and what still can be tested besides (fabry, ion gate channel, lyme, diabetes, pre-diabetes, ANA, ANCA, renal disseases) all where negative besides i have some blood in my urine.

Hopefully you guys have some answers im only 25...
Findmynerves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote