View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 01:14 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

It is clear to me that Morgan is doing better, but if she's still taking all those pain meds and not up and at it, then she is doing better, and the language "cured" doesn't fit, at least in my opinion.

This is my first post, but I have been suffering since my late 20s and I am in my 50s now. My RSD likely started in my late 20s, much as she described, in my feet, and now, like so many others, it's systemic (body wide).

We all hear of these extremely expensive places we can go (I was actually invited to Italy, they even called me, same place Morgan went to, but, my doctor reminded me that if it didn't work, and in many cases it doesnt, I will have invested the few precious resources I have, for nothing). It is a FACT that these treatments only work for a number of people, and only work so much, at that, and they are extremely expensive. Here in the USA, you can now get the Ketamine infusions for around 12 grand, but they do good for some and not anything for others. These are the facts.

Large hospitals that have pain centers in them like Mayo and Johns Hopkins are our best and brightest, so far, here in the USA, and none of them, at present, are doing any of these infusions. I've talked with the doctors who head up these pain centers to find out why they arent, and they tell me, because they only help a limited number of people, are expensive and time consuming, and they aren't curing anything.....

I am encouraged that these and other treatments are being researched, because God knows we need a cure for RSD, but to this day, I don't know what to ask my insurance company for (I have a rep. assigned to me who will help me try to get fast tracked to relief, because I got to the point I was suicidal and needed some change....the change I got was a new dr. with new treatments and meds, and for today, it will have to work)....but again, there isn't anything out there for us to ask for, that we all know works, so, imo, we are still learning and looking for a cure.
CRPSinSC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote