View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 01:08 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Undiagnosed symptoms since March 2018

Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while now and it seems like there's a bunch of fantastic and smart people here.

Last year after a big move across the US. I became very stressed, starting a new job etc. The job had me doing a lot of repetitive motions out in front of me on a touch screen and it was a very busy work environment. I first developed an issue with my upper trap that felt very tight and a lump in throat sensation. Then I started to get pain under my armpit when I tried to pull my shoulders down. As time went on symptoms got worse, I had a terrible bad feeling in my right side chest which I know realise was my pec minor. I get a lot of shoulder blade pain and grinding.. winging scapula, cold hands, etc.

Like most of you my saga is probably too long to go into all the details in one post and I don't want to bore anyone. I'm just here for ideas and support. I have a feeling this is undiagnosed nTOS. I don't typically get the numbness tingling like a lot of people describe. For me it is typically coldness in the hands, and tightness in the chest, neck, and pain in the shoulder and down the arm.

I currently am doing PT twice a week. They have done a fantastic job so far of releasing my pec minor with massage and dry needling techniques. Right now my neck is extremely tight and that is what I'm going to have them turn their focus to.

I notice when my neck is really tight I get that lump in throat feeling, I also notice a bump right about my collarbone, not sure what that is, and I get weird popping feelings in my ear.

I just don't wanna be alone going through this because nobody really understands. I have had a head & neck CT with contrast and I should be getting an MRI and nerve conduction study in the next week or two. I feel like nothing is going to come up and the doctors are just gonna send me right back to PT. Which I am okay with. I would just like to get a diagnoses so that I am not treated like a crazy person with terrible anxiety..

Hope someone can relate...

Thanks.
Dontbeamelvin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote