Thread: Fasciculations
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 09:42 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Hi Paul, you're the first to respond to me too, so thanks! I've only been here a few days, but I know what you mean about the 'quiet'! I don't take any medications for PN, yet, as weakness is my main issue, but I do take Trazadone to help me sleep. I do have pretty numb feet and I sometimes have shooting 'shock' type pain, but thankfully nothing worse. I've noticed the changes in foot numbness corresponds to and increase in weakness everywhere else.

I was only diagnosed this summer, and Googling sent me into a bit of hysteria about MS and other things..had no clue about PN until diagnosis. I noticed my calves and hands/arms twitched quite a lot when I first was worrying about the conditions, although I now have significant weakness in those areas, and thighs more recently, but it seems this is not too common. I've been in a pretty dark place too....I worry about tomorrow...its hard to plan life when you're not sure what your capabilities will be next month... I hope you can continue to make headway against the darkness!

Please feel free to pm me or whatever the equivalent is here if you want to chat...I look forward to your update!
John
Lerch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote