View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 11:19 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
I think testing & getting a DX only matters when you are getting into the serious stages.. IMO best to focus on healing & avoiding that stage..

Explore all the info as best you can in our stickies, even the older posted info can lead you to find new information.. then you will have the knowledge to find your best treatments & care providers..
Really appreciate you replying Jo*mar. I guess I don't really care if I get a TOS diagnosis at this point. More so just want to rules out anything more sinister ya know? I'm fairly confident what I am dealing with is TOS caused by repetitive strain and terrible posture from too many video games over the years. I'm only 27, but I've literally put countless of hours in infront of my computer etc. I've only really experienced probably for a little less than a year so fortunately I feel like I am somewhat ahead of the curve.

I am grateful to have you guys as a resource and I will try to be helpful with anything I learn as well. So far my PT is focusing on strengthening my back to pull my shoulders back and stabilize my shoulder blades. They do a lot of work on my pec minor, massage, ASTYM, ultrasound and dry needling, tomorrow I am going to ask them about loosening up my neck muscles and mobilizing the first rib.

I'll keep in touch with you guys as I progress, and I say progress because I am trying really hard to keep a positive attitude!

Anything I should try to avoid? I know some people avoid neck stretches and stuff. Should I avoid neck stretching until I get my neck muscles loosened up? Anything else to look into adding/avoiding?

Thanks again
Dontbeamelvin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote