View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 02:27 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiney95 View Post
Hope you are ok. I have been on Lyrica since it came out for several conditions. I am only on 75 mg twice daily. I have gone off of it twice, only to have to go back on as I could not tolerate the prolonged severe withdrawl. I will be on it until the day I die. The withdrawal was worse than any opiate change my pain doc made. Somebody paid a lot of money to get that approved for human consumption. I am appalled at the number of reported side effects and the body awful withdrawal when attempting to discontinue. Best wishes.
I have been on Lyrica for 5 years. Four months ago my dosage was increased to 300mg twice a day. Until the increase in dosage I did not make the connection of side effects to Lyrica (painful bloating,memory problems, high weight gain etc.... I cut it back to 300mg once a day for 2 months without issue. Started to cut back last week to 150mg once a day. I am now feeling effects of withdraw as mentioned: nausea,diarrhea etc....... I will talk to doctor to slow down slower. Preferably I would gut it out over a few days, however after hearing about how long withdraw symptoms may last(years?)a slower approach mat be needed. Reading the stories of others with same issues is quiet helpful.
jch890 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (02-16-2019)