View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 07:02 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I am utterly astonished at the colossal failure of 99% of the western medical establishment with regard to Mucuna.

Particularly when it comes to YOPD.

They call Sinemet the "gold standard". How can something be the gold standard when it cannot be given in sufficient dosage to alleviate symptoms because of developing dyskinesia?

So instead of giving the "gold standard" they instead try to give you agonists which give you a 15% chance of destroying your life with horrendous impulse control disorders leading you to cheat on your spouse or spend your life savings gambling. How is that even considered to be a viable option?

YOPD medication is such a minefield. It's just so easy to go down a bad path that has terrible long term consequences.

Meanwhile all this time there is bean powder that's been used for thousands of years that will treat the symptoms better than the "gold standard" Sinemet while at the same time not causing terrible side effects?

How can it be that is not the gold standard?!?

How can it be that your Neurologist doesn't say anything about it and doesn't even know it exists?

Why is it necessary to learn about it by doing your own research for hours every day and doing self experimentation?

I suppose the answer is probably some kind of deep systemic prejudice in the research community against "natural" cures. It is sad that has caused so much unnecessary suffering though.

I guess it's not fair to fault the Neurologists too much, I can understand they are in a position where they work in a framework kind of handed down to them by researchers. The colossal failure is more at the research level I guess.

- splibsplab
splibsplab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (02-18-2019), moondaughter (02-13-2019)