View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 12:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Can Kratom cause Neuropathy

Hi all. I haven't been on this forum for quite some time. I apologize for that. I became a new grandmother 2 years ago and my life has been occupied with this new addition, leaving me very little free time.

Now I am reaching out to see if any of you can help me with my question:

I have used Kratom for over a year to help manage my small fiber neuropathy ( mostly burning.) Prior to Kratom I was prescribed an assortment of opiods by a pain management doctor. When I told him that I didn't need the pain meds anymore he freaked and told me (at least 4 times) to STOP kratom immediately as it caused Neuropathy. I asked for something I could read from a credible source so I could share the information and also I had my doubts about his motive.... He only suggested I go on Google Scholar and research. I looked on Google Scholar but could find nothing. There were some articles I didn't understand not being scientifically minded.

I had done a lot of research on Kratom before I started. I did find risks, but Neuropathy was not one of them. Although this claim makes no sense to me since I had neuropathy before I ever used Kratom, and it's used by so many people to help with neuropathy symptoms, I thought maybe someone out there has some information on the topic. If you do PLEASE share the information.

Thank you as always for your help.
carol aka pinkynose