View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Default 4+ Days After Bone Graft Small Piece of Membrane Came OffI had an infected tooth (bot

I had an infected tooth (bottom center, right tooth) that also jeopardized the tooth next to it. After two failed root canals on the infected tooth my endo & DDS determined the following course:

- Root canal on the one tooth that they could do a root canal
- Two weeks later went back and had the infected tooth which was next to it (anti biotics 5 days before & 5 days post surgery) removed, gum opened, membrane put in with bovine granuals (not socket grafting). Goal is to get an eventual implant. He did tell me that I had a significant amount of bone loss from the infection.

Last evening, (Fri, 2/15) I was eating dinner when a small piece of the membrane came off. Dentist is on vacation for the next week, his staff told me this can be normal & a sign of healing. I spoke to another oral surgeon's office over the phone & she said it indeed is possible but to monitor for any infection etc & they wouldn't do anything unless there was a present infection of some sort. Do I need emergency appt somewhere? I'm traveling most of next week.

Is my bone graft doomed? Very healthy/early 40 y/o, doesn't smoke etc.
CG76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote