View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 05:15 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUZEQ View Post
Hi, I'm new to this site as of yesterday...not sure if I'm doing this right, so please let me know if I'm posting OK .

Has anyone with C-spine problems experienced ringing in the ears (tinnitus)? I have spondylolysthesis as well as slightly herniated discs. This loud ringing in both ears started up with a strain to my neck in January, and severe upper back/neck spasms. The spasms wouldn't stop in spite of 2 trigger point injection series. So, in the past few weeks I've had 2 epidurals, but only about 50% improvement in pain.

If anyone has ear ringing, what pain meds do you use? A lot of pain meds can cause tinnitus such as NSAIDS, Aspirin, etc. Tylenol doesn't seem to do anything for my back pain or headaches. Unfortunately, that's the one pain reliever that is listed as not causing tinnitus. Very frustrating. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks, Suz
I have very similar symptoms. Neck spasms due to stenosis, bone spurs, instability, straightening, etc.. with cord compression. However, I didnt have tinnitus until I fell and hit my forehead twice in a minute, a year ago. It started immediately, it is intermittent. I do not take any pain rx other than meloxicam (anti-inflammatory) and flexeril 3X day, so I can't help with relating it to meds. Good luck!
talk0neuros is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote