View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 07:38 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

We sign the lease on Friday and will get the keys to the apartment that day, so we can start moving some things in, but Saturday is the BIG moving day.

Because I took all that crap out of my car (jumper cables, shovel, tire inflator, etc), I was able to fit all the boxes in my trunk (with some help). I would have bought everything on my list, but they didn't have any full-sized brooms at Walmart!!!

I was out for almost 3 hours going to various stores trying to get everything I needed. Heading out, the roads were clear, but I take backroads, and they were bad on my way home. I saw 2 cars off the road, and one of them had hit a telephone pole.

I got everything I had to do done yesterday, with the exception of the ironing, which I will do this morning. I also managed to pack up the office (except the printer) and all of Corey's work clothes. I put bags over his huge winter work boots and shoved them into that box, so I don't have to worry about them anymore.

I know we are going to need more boxes than what I bought, but I'm going to have to do more packing before I can figure out what sizes and how many. I have to ask Corey what he needs to keep for the rest of the week in the vanity cabinet, and then I can pack up the linen closet. And after dinner tonight, I can start packing up the kitchen.

Rocky has been eating the tape at the bottom of the boxes I packed and puking all over the floor. He has a thing for adhesive. I can't close the door to that room because the litter boxes are in there, and I can't move the boxes because the apartment is so small. It concerns me because 1) I don't want him to get sick and 2) I worry about the movers carrying the boxes with some of the tape gone from the bottoms.

I have to go to the laundromat to wash (at least) the curtains from the bedroom and the bath mats before we move. I planned on doing it today, and it makes sense to do it today since there's nothing else for me to do except ironing, but I'm not feeling it. I suppose I will have to make myself go. I will start to get really busy soon, so I should take advantage of this opportunity.

I also have to follow up on the change to my renter's insurance. My insurance agent was supposed to email and mail me a copy of it because we need it at the time we sign the lease, but so far, nothing.

I felt like I was under a lot of pressure to get things done yesterday, but for some reason, I don't feel that way this morning. I know there's a lot to do, but I also feel like I've gotten a lot done.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-19-2019), Dmom3005 (02-19-2019), Mari (02-19-2019), mymorgy (02-19-2019)