View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 03:02 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you for the kind words. I'm not sure I'm an expert but I'm constantly trying to educate myself on the topic and I'm happy to help where I can.

Yes, CBD isolate is much cheaper than full spectrum CBD oil. CBD isolate comes in a fine powder or crystalline, whereas full spectrum CBD comes in oil form. This is because CBD isolate is precisely that, an isolated single molecule. It's refined even further and isolate from the rest of the phytochemicals. Full spectrum will have other cannabinoids, terpenes and such things. Both isolate and full spectrum are mixed into oils. The latter often comes in distillate form or something like a cake or paste and must be "watered down" so to speak. This is if the goal is to make it into an oil or tincture. The same goes for isolate. The powder is mixed into oil for greater absorption. You can buy both in raw form, but full spectrum distillate or raw oil is more difficult to find than isolate powder, and more expensive.

1 gram = 1000 mg so there's that. 1 gram/1000mg of CBD isolate is precisely what it says. But often a bottle of 1000mg CBD full spectrum means 1000mg of mostly CBD with trace amounts of other cannabinoids and terpenes. You'll have to check the lab results for precise information. Most are between 70-90% CBD and the rest is other cannabinoids and terpenes. If it's 80% CBD, a 1000mg bottle will have 800mg of CBD and 200mg of the other things. I hope this is helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPN1967 View Post
DavidHC

Thank you for your contributions on this topic as it is very comforting that we have a CBD SME (subject matter expert) on this forum.

While reading through this thread I read that buying CBD isolate is much cheaper than buying the liquid version and I discovered on-line that 1 gram of CBD isolate equals about 1,000 mg of CBD.

One clarifying (silly) question:

Is one mg of liquid CBD is the same as one mg of CBD isolate?
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-06-2019)