View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 12:16 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Positions that make you have a bad day

Hi guys, just talking about the everyday habits that make our pain worse.

The big ones for myself are: phone use, computer use, sitting too long, leaning to one side or the other when on the couch, forward head posture, forward shoulders.

Now some of these things can be corrected over time by working out, stretching etc.

Other things are actually addictions that have to be broken or severely limited. How many of us spend hours a day on the phone, or computer? I know I do. I believe that looking down at our phone all the time can shorten the anterior scalene which can cause TOS by either pulling up on the first rib or simply narrowing the thoracic outlet space.

Sitting hunched over in your computer chair for hours on end can definitely shorten the pec minor which can cause some winging of the shoulder blade and also cause compression at the pec minor site. Once again, stretching the anterior and working out the posterior should help in theory.

These are tough habits to break. Just because you aren't moving or doing anything doesn't mean you aren't irritating a nerve...

This is so very frustrating, I wish more people were around like there used to be. I see plenty of lurkers. I urge you all to join the conversation.

Thanks.
Dontbeamelvin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote