View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 01:53 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I definitely have great respect for Mark. His contributions have been intelligent and he seems to be one of the more knowledgeable amateur enthusiasts on mTBIs both in life experience and through independent research. A blunt opinion is fine by me.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of our issues are from anxiety. And the power of persuasion can definitely go a long way. I understand this because I've read of many people to have participated in placebo trials where they were convinced the dummy medication was a miracle drug even though it was later revealed that the the pills were empty.

I'm still not very knowledgeable on what is considered a 'minor' or even 'moderate' impact. In fact, my documented concussion from 2017 did not seem that severe at first, even though there was some pain, but the symptoms were pretty bad for around a month.

I'm just kind of surprised to have some light sensitivity issues/mild headache at the moment. Perhaps anxiety can cause these things and we're looking for them. The case that hit me was a hard plastic material kind of similar to a bike helmet. They're protecting pricey paddles that cost about $200+ from spoiled kids who are playing under the guidance of paid coaches. Probably the main anxiety comes from the fact that I didn't check to see if a paddle was inside and that I was standing upright in a 100% relaxed, loose posture and thus did not anticipate or 'brace' for impact since I didn't see it coming. The case is a hard plastic and thus similar to being hit on the side of the head from a thrown bike helmet.

Last edited by keeponmovin; 02-27-2019 at 02:25 PM.
keeponmovin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote