View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 05:23 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Those tests usually only show if there is an actual nerve issue.

Look into delayed pain & referred pain (goes back to trigger points)

MDs & surgeons mainly want a clear cut issue showing on testing, (something they can show for proof of ongoing treatment or RX, surgery) and often they are not too much help unless they studied beyond the norm and learned about soft tissue and whole body healing..

It is good to have that testing to rule out possible medical/surgical issues..

soft tissue, internal scar tissue & trigger points can impinge and cause just as much pain & symptoms and actual direct impingement.
Expert PT, DC, body work & lots of self care is a good thing to seek out.
If you need a MD referral.. find who or a few you want to try and ask for referral to them.. If they don't work out ask for a change to another place.
Going to a PT, DC or other place and asking questions is a good way to gauge them.. often The PT might come out and talk with you if they aren't busy..

Many professionals don't care for us to ask or know more than they might know..so some times we have to word what we know into a simple question..
Hi Jo,

I appreciate you always replying. When you say that an EMG and NCV are negative that means there is no nerve involvement? Or no nerve is being pinched at the moment during that test? Either I have a nerve involved or I have a killer trigger point in my scalenes that I can't get to.. my pt that normally dry needles me is on vacation so I won't be getting needled anytime soon. Her assistant did some first rib mobilisation on me which was actually not gentle but not very hard either. She pressed down on the first rib and held my arm and sort of moved the arm upward while pushing the rib downward. She also adjusted my collar bone a bit as well.

Needling the tight muscles like pec minor and scalenes (she did those only once because they can be hard to do) but they do bring quite a bit of relief. I am looking into a chiropractor here that can maybe get some things back in place and can give me a few pointers as well.

I'll be keeping you everyone up to date as time goes by..

Sure do wish there were more people around I guess this is kind of an old medium.
Dontbeamelvin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote