Thread: Newbie to Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 07:41 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Hello fellow newbie!

Hello Susan,

Welcome - I am also a newbie (just signed up yesterday). I joined because my wife was recently diagnosed. Fortunately her diagnosis came shortly after her first symptoms, in less than six months. That was only due to a very sharp neurologist who held an ice pack to her affected eye and diagnosed her on the spot the old-fashioned way.

It cannot be said enough how critical the quality of your doctors is.

Coincidentally, my wife and I are also jewelry makers. Hand-crafted niche pieces. You can see the brand-new site I just finished creating if you like at **
It is pretty empty at the moment as far as posts are concerned and mostly leads to our Etsy shop, but I'm heading there to begin posting as soon as I finish this message.

I really liked your Skull with Red Eyes pendant. I am a big fan of skulls, so it's my weak spot. Your painting skills are also very impressive. Not a skill I possess. The canal painting is stunning.

We are also working through the MG journey, and right now my main concern is the severe stomach and intestinal cramps and pain that my wife is suffering from due to the Mestinon. I read that you have also had problems in that area among others. I just submitted a post (awaiting approval) to see what others had to offer for relief of acute stomach pain, as I just can't bear to see her suffer so much. It is really killing me, and I can't stand feeling helpless. I usually feel like smashing something! Not very mature, I suppose.

I think this forum will really help us. Any journey, good or bad, is made easier when you are not in it alone. I haven't read through your IVIG post, but it is something her doctor is considering. I have also inferred from research that the pain is mostly confined to the first six months of taking Mestinon or other similar antibody-blockers. But if this much pain is expected to last for up to six months, I cannot sit idly and do nothing.

Anyway, wanted to say HI! to a fellow jeweler and let you know that your blog is already helping people. I'm going to go read your experience with IVIG because that may be on our agenda as well. And I intend to share whatever knowledge with the group as we plod along, hopefully helping others along the way...

I would advise you to really task your doctor to address your lack of energy. That may be the thing that effects your life the most, and there has to be a solution. If you already have, then good for you. It's your life and you should be in charge.

Keep the faith and all the best to you,
Daniel

Last edited by Jomar; 04-14-2020 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Per guidelines - new member linking
MGSpouse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote