Thread: Newbie to Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 02:47 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_mela View Post
Hi Daniel,

First, thank you *very* much for your kind words regarding my site and work. I am still working on decent art for the IVIG post, but it has been composed. I'll post here when it's up (hopefully tomorrow).

Of course I was blown away by your shop and loved the site too. Steampunk is so fun, and I love your quality designs. Congratulations on your successs. Ohhhhh.... to succeed on Etsy! The holy grail for artisans and jewelers.

Thank god for a pro-active and observant doctor! Sadly, I have no tips for the stomach issues. My nurse has seen folks really have a time with such sensitivity. I thankfully have never been sensitive to Mestinon. You might want to keep your doctor aware, because it could be side effects, but too much mestinon can also cause issues..... It's a tricky medicine that way, and it's probably better to report any ickiness until you learn your wife's own patterns of sensitivity. I'm not saying that *is* happening, but I would call your physician. Other than erratic digestion during IVIG, my bad experience was with Cellcept. I was just flat out getting GI bleeds and pain from that. I know it causes extreme diahhrea in unlucky people. Upcoming blog entry topic, partially written.

Sending strength out to your wife (literally) and you! Welcome aboard.
Susan,

I appreciate your advice. I was privately concerned that there may be and over-dosage issue, as I've read that this type of severe pain is a symptom of too much Mestinon. I am definitely going to follow-up with her doctor. Even if he maintains the same regimen, she should not have to endure such discomfort.

I know Cellcept is an immuno-suppressant but maybe there is some similarity with Mestinon that causes her a similar reaction to your experience? I know I could go read Wikipedia and learn about the molecular structures of each, but really I just need to call the doctor and tell him what's going on. She mentioned it at her last appointment, but she hates the idea of taking one medicine to deal with the side effects of another medicine.

She is a diabetic also, and takes meds for cholesterol and mild high blood pressure, plus D3 and B12 and 80mg aspirin, so she has a full meal of meds and resists taking more.

But in my mind, her reaction is far greater than what it should be and probably what is safe. Your experience with GI bleeding sounds serious, worth terminating the medicine immediately, and likely where she may be headed if she keeps irritating her bowel as she does now.

THANK YOU so much for your kind words about our work. We actually used to be much more successful on Etsy than we are now. It is flooded with copy-cats and price cutters making it very much like eBay But we're hoping that ramping up our website and social media profiles will revive the traffic to our store.

How have your sales been? Do you sell on other platforms that work well for you? It is immediately apparent that you have an artist's touch, which is one of those things that you either have or you don't. You have been blessed with this talent. But many artists don't put enough effort into promoting themselves (too busy working on their art, of course!), so I'm curious about your approach?

Thanks so much for your support. I can use all of the positive energy I can get. And, of course, I'm sending it right back to you, hoping that you gain more strength every day and find your way back to your former self.

I just watched (again) the Frida Kahlo movie and to watch her paint while laying in bed in a full body cast, well it's inspiring to say the least. So whatever you do, don't ever stop creating, even if it's some sketches while you're taking time to relax. Creating art is obviously one of those things you were meant to do.

Wishing you a great coming day (it's almost 3:00 am here) and an even better weekend ahead.

Best,
Daniel
MGSpouse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote