View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 09:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Update:

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since i've been here. I promised myself I would come back and update everyone and hopefully help or reassure others going through the same thing. It was a real low point in my life but I've been living a normal life and everything is great! To make a long story short, I went to numerous doctors and tried so many treatments and kept searching for a cause. Never found out. Finally got a skin biopsy and it came back positive. I tried IVIG and didn't notice a thing. When my symptoms were first coming on, it started with my feet, then hands, and then it spread everywhere. I'd get random pinpricks, ice cube rubbing sensations, stabbing, and burning in random places including my back and head. My thighs always felt a constant burn, shoulders felt sunburned, and of course my feet. Limbs would fall asleep very fast, especially my hands during sleep. I opted not to start any pain meds because I didn't want to develop a tolerance. I only took prednisone for a few days and my symptoms got noticeably worse. I tried nortriptylene a few times and it didn't do much. Surprisingly, klonopin reduced the pain almost completely. After going to so many docs with no answers, I went to get tested for Lyme. It came back positive for igenex (which I believe is very common) but negative from stonybrook. I honestly don't think it was Lyme but I did take some antibiotics anyway for a few months (azithromycin and minocycline). Eventually I just decided to quit them for health reasons. My symptoms gradually got better and now I don't take anything and I only get slight burning in my feet once in a while. For overall health I do weight training 3 times a week, and take fish oil and vitamin D. I think the hardest part was mental and reading so many doom and gloom stories. But eventually you reach a new baseline and accept it. I honestly forget I even have it now and it hasn't stopped me from living a normal life at all. Been traveling the world and recently got a new job . Let me know if you have any questions and i'll make an effort to check back or just pm me. Stay positive!
Tunaboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (03-27-2019), Lonestar (06-09-2019), P3000g (07-26-2019)