View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 07:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too have a great interest in staying away from dentists. This is largely due to extraordinarily bad facial nerve pain that happened after some very questionable dental work. It’s been six plus years and I still take medication for it.

To make matters worse, I have Sjögren’s syndrome that causes dry mouth, which can lead to dental problems.

After speaking with friends and people in the profession...I’ve come to similar conclusions.

I have a friend who is sixty and she I think has had one small cavity her entire life. She feels that it is mostly because she has gotten three cleanings a year most of her life. I have another friend who is in her 80s now that went from horrible problems to very few by changing some things.

So... I made some changes and knock on wood...I too haven’t had any problems since I have...a good five years.

I too get a professional cleaning three times a year. I too avoid sweets. I use an electric toothbrush. I floss several nights a week. (I wish I could say it was every night). I never ever go to bed without carefully brushing my teeth even if I’m seriously exhausted. Now and then I use the water pick on a gentle setting. I take an array of vitamins, including extra vitamin C.

Bottom line...extra care and avoiding sugar seems to be doing the trick. No cavities...no issues at all (knock on wood) since doing this.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote