Old 03-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eds195 View Post
Soccer or anyone,
How long does the 50/200ER last for you at night and/or day. Neuro has me trying Rytary at night but not getting much out of it. Anyone have thoughts on the 50/200 vs. Rytary?
Thanks,
Eric
I have never tried RYARY. I would assume the RYTARY would work better than the 50/200ER though since it supposedly has a longer lasting extended release affect. my only advice would be test if adding some "fat" extends the affect of the RYTARY. IN THE following article which came out in 2015, mentions trying "fat", dunno if hauser still supports that idea but same lengthened half life is mentioned for 50/200ER, adding food will decrease bioavailability but will extend the half-life so you might try 300mg of 50/200ER at night with some black olives or some low protein carbohydrate with some olive oil added? less will get into your blood but it may last longer so try 300mg of the 50/200 or if you want to try just 250mg split one of the pills unequally and try to get 150mgER to add to 100mgER (not sure if the 50mg segment you could get by splitting again 1/2 of a split 200 would still have ER features anymore so better to use the 50mg ER chunck like it was an ER pill?. just a guess but the 100mgER tabs have no splitting line so aren't supposed to be split but the 200's have the line). i can get thru the night with just one 50/200 but because of my high blood pressure i set my alarm to wake up in 4hrs so i can check my BP and decide if i need to take more ER/CR to lower it for the next 3hrs after which i'm up. i've tried BP meds but my BP goes too low at times, so i use only C/L to control my BP, enuf said on this pd affecting my autonomic nervous system. i haven't tested 300mg of 50/200 with fat to see if it will last me thru the night, for me the goal is keeping my BP down for 7-8 hours while asleep, not preventing waking up in a panic, but if that dose keeps my BP down for that length of time it will also control my major pd symptom which is rigidity. i'll try it and report back.

"Effect of Food
As with carbidopa/levodopa IR, Rytary can be taken with or without food. One gets the quickest and most consistent (initial) absorption taking it away from food, but if a patient experiences nausea, taking it with carbohydrate may reduce the nausea. Protein can reduce absorption, but whether this is clinically relevant depends on how sensitive to small dose changes the patient is. Interestingly, high fat meals delay absorption and reduce the amount absorbed, but can potentially lengthen the duration of benefit. Although this has not yet been studied, one might take Rytary at bedtime with a high fat snack such as ice cream, in an effort to extend benefit into the night as long as possible. "

How to Dose Rytary by Robert A. Hauser MD 3-12-15 | Medical Treatments | Medicine
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (03-10-2019)