View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eds195 View Post
Soccer, thanks for taking the time. I will give the Rytary more of a chance and try it with a snack to delay absorption. I can eat half a cow 10 minutes after I take my usual dose of c/l and mucuna w/out a problem, but pay for it at the other end; sometimes up to 4 hours later after a medium/high protein meal meds still don't work, very frustrating. I try to be ON a bit when it's time for sleep so I can be comfortable enough to fall out, so the Rytary delay should not be a problem and could be a solution if it extends its usefulness.

Eric
yep, keep in mind that 100mg of C/L will improve your symptoms somwhat yet probably only 5-10% of that gets into your brain and only part of that C/L gets to where it is needed in the brain since it has to diffuse there vs being manufactured where it is needed. this doesn't matter that much if your're still at the stage where you have what, more than 20% of your dopamine producing cells? my point is that the brain needs very little dopamine but if your're dependent on exogenous dopamine like we are then eating even 10grams of protein will block out most of the l-dopa you take until it is cleared from the blood plus any amino acids similar to l-dopa in the protein that gets into the brain is competing for enzymes in the brain that convert l-dopa to dopamine, blocking the enzymes receptor sites from accepting l-dopa. just speculating on that but controlling my craving for cheese, pizza, yogurt is tiresome. i mentioned this before but if i knowingly eat too much protein i'll boost my next dose from 150 to 250, and if i don't come on in 75min i'll take another 100mg, if that doesn't kick in in 45min i'll take 50mg. i measure my BP before taking another dose since i don't want it to go too low, luckily i seldom get dyskinesias. i tried generic mirapex which isn't affected by food, couldn't tolerate it, saw things that weren't there when i got close to 3mg/day. i could try requip-xl, seems like all the advanced pd'ers from britain who post here are on that, just have to push my mds to write me the RX. i have no good reason not to try rytary other than the cost.

hopefully inhaled l-dopa and the sublingual apomorphine will help out as "rescue" drugs but the cost might be too high.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote