Thread: Nearly 5 years
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 10:37 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperElectric View Post
It's almost five years since my self inflicted accident, and thankfully pretty much healed from the myriad of symptoms. However, consistent sleep still evades me, this week has been particularly bad, caused by being in the middle of stressful a house move!

I think the concussion has left me vulnerable to anxiety that seems to take over, so I'm finally considering going to the docs and asking for Amitriptyline to help with sleep despite being very anti drug use so far.
I know I am a little late to this, but I just wanted to let you now that I have suffered from horrible insomnia (awakenings during sleep, no trouble falling asleep) since my injury. I have, like you, attributed this to being more sensitive to stress and anxiety and found that no pill would help me.

This may not help, but I just wanted to throw out that I read a couple books that helped me immensely just in easing my sleep anxiety:

1. The Upside of Stress
2. Say Goodnight to Insomnia

You may take some of the content with a grain of salt, but reading up on some of the research on a REAL healthy amount of sleep really helped calm me down and in turn has helped me sleep better.
oicud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote