View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 11:46 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Matabolism of L-Dopa

JohntPM from the HU Parkinson's forum suggested that I post this here. It is my first post to this forum.

This is a scientific research paper I wrote on the subject of suspected L-Dopa metabolism by Cytochrome P450 enzymes in Parkinson's disease. It lays out where we are on the understanding of the metabolism of L-Dopa, the areas that need clarification and the problems related to the development of potential synthetic CYP 450 inhibitors due to the risk of serious drug-drug interactions. A controversial solution may lie in the use of a the very effective, natural CYP 450 inhibitors in grapefruit juice.

It is a long and detailed paper on a complex and controversial subject. I have tried to make it as understandable as possible, so please try to read it right through to the end. Print it out to be able to read it several times if necessary.

You can distribute this to anyone you wish. even your neuro if he/she is open to discussion. I welcome critical comments from anyone who knows the field.

The file is here ....

wriga is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (03-13-2019), jeffreyn (03-13-2019), moondaughter (06-01-2019)